- Western Red Cedar is naturally resistant to rot, decay and insect damage. Known for its lightweight strength, long natural life as outdoor furniture & low warping properties.
- Comfortably seats two with contour seating with all clear span slats are planed & edges routered for rounded smoothness. We use only screws and bolts, no nails. Shipped in pre-assembled components for easy assembly with simple instructions.
- Assembled the cedar swing overall size is approx. 23" high x 62" wide x 27" deep, the seat itself is approx. 18" deep and 58" wide. Our cedar swing arrives with springs and enough chain for a standard 8' porch ceiling.
- Our cedar swing is ready for you to apply a finish of your choice at your home - or - you can leave natural, which over time naturally becomes a pretentious gray.
- Quality made in the USA by Amish craftsmen & shipped directly to you.
The Western Red Cedar 5′ Porch Swing seats two comfortably, measuring approx. 23″ high x 62″ wide x 27″ deep. The seat surface is approx. 18″ deep x 58″ wide. This traditional natural wood swing comes with comfortable contoured seating, chain and springs. All the swing needs is a view. Our lawn and garden furniture is shipped partially assembled, with easy to follow instructions. All of our patio furniture products are made from natural tight knotty Western Red Cedar with non-staining hardware. Cedar is lightweight, dimensionally stable, and naturally resistant to splitting, cupping, and warping. Western Red Cedar gives our patio furniture natural strength, beauty & natural resistance to the elements. Weight capacity is 550 lbs. Are you thinking that your porch may not be right for a swing? Please take a look at our compact self-contained cedar gliders. We also offer a 4′ version of our swing, and stained cedar swings as well. Each piece is ready for staining, clear finish or simply leave natural. An oil or clear finish with UV light protection will bring out the beauty of the grain and a bit of red tinges in the wood. If the cedar is left natural, it will weather to an unpretentious gray. very traditional rustic look can be done with polyurethane with UV light protection. Clear finishes will slightly darken the wood while bringing out the red tinges found in the grain. Stains are easy to apply, can come in almost any color and do look great. Stains don’t chip or peel as can happen with paint. You should apply a finish that will waterproof the wood, and prevent water spots & stains from ruining the look of the wood. Please consult your local paint expert. Some additional sanding may be required, depending on your tastes and the finish that you wish to apply. We ship by UPS ground only within the Continental US – we don’t ship to Alaska, Hawaii nor outside the United States. Shipping is added to all furniture orders.